Saturday, January 22, 2011

No faith in the Canadian Mental Health System

Jeezus, I just walked in to talk to somebody and they barely let me leave.

All I wanted to do was get a referral to psychologist and what do they do? They stick me in this scary little locked white room, with two cameras, a panic button, and a few chairs, which were chain locked to the floor. Then they send in a Neurologist, a student doctor and some nurse to take some blood samples. They ask me questions for an hour, leave for half an hour, come back with a "plan" for me, use the phrase "IF we let you leave..." (of course, my being there was totally voluntary,) so I get a little worried and I say, "I've been here for a couple hours, I'll just go out side for a smoke and come right back." To which they reply "why don't you just stay here for 10 minutes." Then the Neurologist and the student doctor leave again, but this time a 300lb guy comes in, takes the one chair that isn't bolted down out of the room and tells me the girls were afraid I was going to bolt. So he closes the door and two armed police officers come and stand outside it.
Anyway, at this point I'm pretty much the most paranoid I've ever been without some sort of chemical assistance. And even now, I'm sure that the ONLY reason they let me leave is my partner came down and agreed to keep an eye on me 24 hours a day for the next three days.
Scary stuff.

I've got four new pages to upload , I've just been feeling down and well, kinda bat-shit crazy the last few weeks, so I was waiting for a positive fan letter to motivate me to upload some more pages. I guess I've received that now, so as soon as I calm down a little I'll upload the next couple pages of Petra Puppy, (should be this weekend.)

But in the meantime, if you want to send me some encouragement fan mail (especially with kinky pictures,) feel free, my e-mail is goodbunny@gmail.com

Thank you,

-Kyle C. Trouble Bridgett

6 comments:

Seifer said...

That all sounds completely insane, but glad you actually managed to get out of there.

It's good to see you back here and in one piece, and if nothing else, I'm sure your experience could help your inspiration for Zelda's world.

NS said...

OMG WTF?! Why wouldn't they let you leave anyway since you were there VOLUNTARILY... I mean it's not like you were dragged in there after trying to blow your own head off or something...

Candy Sissiboi said...

As my friend used to say to his co-workers at the post office, show 'em your nuts...LOL!

On a more serious note, don't tell the authorities you're going crazy unless they're gonna give you a check and some good drugs! *grin*

Looking forward to 2011's continuation of the stories you have going :-)

Anonymous said...

Damn... No I have another reason to dislike Canada. @_@. I'm sorry you had to go through all that! Don't force yourself to do any comics if you're not feeling up to it, after a situation like that I know I wouldn't be motivated. *Hugs*

AusDpr said...

They went through all that after you went in just looking to discuss something troubling you? Or something more complicated?

Sounds pretty frightening, or at least extremely frustrating.

Diaper Sissy said...

Dang, that sucks but I'm glad you got out of there ok. I cant wait to look at the new pages.